Oeuf and cocotte is a classic French recipe for breakfast, cooking eggs au bain in a souffle dish (ramekin). Nice as breakfast or brunch during Easter.
Oeuf cocotte recipe as Easter breakfast.
Ingredients for 4 people.
- 200 grams of fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- 100ml cream
- 4 soufflé dishes or other heat resistant dishes
How to prepare.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Cut the shallots and press the clove of garlic.
- Fry this together with the spinach until the spinach has shrunk.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and bake them briefly.
- Put a small amount of butter in the dishes and spread the spinach mixture over the dishes.
- Carefully break an egg in each dish so that the yolk stays intact.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of cream into each dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese + pepper and salt if desired.
- Place the dishes in a large baking dish and fill this dish with boiling water until the dishes are half under water.
- Put the eggs in the oven for about 10 minutes until the white has solidified and the egg yolk is still liquid.
- Serve with baguette and herb butter.
Enjoy your meal, XO Frieda.2