Coconut oil is increasingly used in the kitchen because of the good fats that provide better absorption of vitamins and other nutrients. I like to use organic coconut oil from Royal Green or organic extra virgin coconut oil Raw Super Food, but coconut oil can be used for much more than baking and frying.
How about using coconut oil in your beauty routine? It’s low-budget!! When you use coconut oil for the following coconut oil beauty tips, it’s advisable to use organic coconut oil. I don’t mean styling products with coconut in it, but just pure organic coconut oil. Coconut oil as hair mask:
- Make the oil liquid in the microwave or between your fingers.
- Apply the oil to dry hair (or towel dry)
- Allow at least an hour to withdraw.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and use a conditioner if necessary.
- Hello Shiny Hair!
Coconut oil as mak-up remover:
- Rub some coconut oil between your fingers.
- Massage gently on your eyelids.
- Then get all your eye makeup and mascara off (even waterproof) using a cotton pad.
Coconut oil as shaving oil:
- Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream.
- You can also use coconut oil after shaving for a soft skin with less irritation.
Oil-pulling (this is for die-hards by the way):
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil (in the morning before breakfast and brushing teeth).
- Roll the oil for about 15 minutes through your mouth and then spit it out.
- The oil helps to detoxify your body.
Coconut oil as body scrub:
- Mix some salt or sugar through the coconut oil (if you have some little wounds you better go for sugar, salt stings).
- Let’s scrub!
Coconut oil as lip balm:
- Coconut oil provides moisturized lips.
- Gives a nice shine.
- Can also be used in combination with sugar as a lip scrub.
Coconut oil as aftersun:
- Coconut oil moisturizes dry skin and restore moisture balance.
- Goodbye dry skin.
The Royal Green coconut oil is available Amazon.com.
Do you use coconut oil in your beauty routine or for cooking? Let me know XO.0